Australia has double tax treaty with many countries which means that you may not pay tax on the same earning twice. However, we recommend that you carefully do the cost and benefit analysis before making your decisions. Many times we have found that overseas employment is less beneficial to the client as compared to their earning on the current job.
Some of the question that our client asks us in the past:
- We are getting an opportunity in low tax or tax free country such as Dubai; do I still need to pay tax here in Australia?
- Do I need to pay tax twice (overseas as well as in Australia) on the same overseas income?
- What is Double Tax Agreement and how does it work?
- Am I being a resident if I move overseas? If so, what is the residency test?
- Is VISA is a factor in determining my residency status?
- What if I stay overseas and do not want to come back?
If you are thinking of taking up an opportunity overseas and would like to discuss more on the cost and benefits involved, then Call Amit Agarwal at 0420-599-888 or email at email@example.com for further consultations.
We are a medical and dental CPA that works with all kinds of doctors, dentists, physicians groups, and related healthcare providers throughout Australia.To access more information of this, please enter your username and password to login to the Secure Area of our website.