Unsurprisingly, healthcare industry is facing lot of struggle and witnessing changes since healthcare reform together with present state of economy persists to infect the world. Research shows that various physician practices, coupled with other areas in the healthcare industry, are not set and well-equipped to make certain informed decisions when EMR, billing practices, practice valuation and others are taken into consideration.
Most physicians are escaping private practice in order to join hospital systems for various other reasons. Hiring a medical business advisor can help your practice live. When you join a hospital group, do you get all that you deserve in your contract? There are advisors to help you with negotiation process, to ensure you’re benefitting from all there’s to be offered.
Mentioned below are certain reasons you should consider while hiring a medical business advisor.
- Cost Efficiency- Research shows that the advantages of hiring a medical business advisor to enhance your medical practice help surpass the ROI for the petite cost involved.
- Revenue Enhancement- Believe it or not, hiring an advisor can enhance your revenue by enhanced billing processes, adding “added value service line,” enhanced marketing, customer service and to name a few.
- Value Added Service- These are the services that your practice can add to your specialty area in order to boost your service line. For instance, a new procedure for a dermatology practice not provided in your vicinity by your competitors. An advisor can help you setting up this type of new program.
- Improvement of Process- This is an area that most of us may feel relaxed within our practices. There’s always room for improvement, be it billing procedures, patient flow, coding, or just a patient check-in. A view from external perspective can be refreshing in cultivating new ideas to improve your “well-oiled machine!”
- Professionalism- Time and again, most physicians, administrators, practice managers feel comfortable within the present practice setting. Similar to a home mechanic, the new cars have diverse complicated parts that function at a higher level. These need a professional in that vicinity to work on them, install them, and keep them maintained.
Conclusion- Take into account bringing in that professional to assist you in a cost-efficient manner to new services in order to add value to your practice. Or possibly enhance a process in your office which will in turn enhance overall revenue flow.